NEW SCARE CITY
It's a fictional streetscape we wander, here, a metropolis whose buildings, boulevards, and back alleys are in a constant state of flux. This is every place, and yet, no place at all - a city of dreams and a dream of a city.
Here, we explore the life and work of Ivan Illich and his circle of collaborators. There's no comprehensive index to the articles published, but we invite you to use the Search box, to the left, and to explore the Archive links that appear at the bottom of each page. Comments are welcomed.
- ► 2013 (68)
- ► 2012 (58)
- Grassroots Post-Modernism
- Illich buys an island? In Scotland?
- 'Some Theological Perspectives on Pain and Suffering'
- The Guardian's Illich Obit
- The CIDOC social network, analyzed
- Blogging 'In the Vineyard of the Text'
- Peter Schrag on Illich and Jerry Brown
- Illich on film
- Smiling, in 1974
- "The Breakdown of Schools" and Cybernetics
- On Illich and empty liturgy
- "All barb and no balm"
- ▼ January (12)